About The Wilkes Group Inc.
The Wilkes Group Inc. started in business in 1976 as an independent importer/distributor/marketer of prestige fragrances, skin care, color cosmetics and cosmetics specialties. Since then, the company successfully introduced and managed USA distribution of a number of brands, both foreign and domestic in the USA market. The company is totally independent and 100% privately owned.
Brand Distribution History
- evian® Mineral Water Spray (France— introduced the first facial mineral water spray in the USA, now its category leader)
- Elancyl (Pierre Fabre, France—the first cellulite product in America)
- Loris Azzaro Fragrances (Mauer & Wirtz, Germany—introduced what became the largest independent prestige men’s fragrance)
- Barielle Nail, Hand and Foot Care (USA— introduced what became the largest independent nail/foot care line)
- Kneipp Bath & Body Products (Kneipp, Germany—introduced the first aroma therapy products)
- Coriandre by Jean Couturier (France) – introduced to the US Market at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus
- Pupa Color Cosmetics (Micys, Italy) – assumed distribution and managed for over 20 years
- Bronnley of London (UK) – assumed distribution and managed until brand was acquired
Today, the company focuses on evian® Facial Spray— a niche product that was introduced in 1978 and has been a leader in its category ever since. The company continues to search for unique specialty products like this.
The Wilkes Group Inc. staffs a modern 7,500 sq. ft. office and distribution center in Old Lyme, CT. The company has been at this location since 1993 and was headquartered New York City. The company manages a group of 43 multi-line sales representatives covering the entire United States.
- Reliable coverage of all sectors of retail trade (although focused primarily on prestige groups and independent retailers)
- State-of-the-art online, computer and EDI technology
- Professional customer experience/telephone sales
- Custom product assemblies
- In-house graphic design, packaging and display development
- Participation in several hotel amenity and corporate gift programs
Evian Facial Spray is currently sold at retailers such as Sephora, Nordstrom, and Ulta and in luxury hotel/resorts including Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons.
Have a niche product? Contact us to see how we can fit your needs.
If you are interested in evian® Facial Spray for your retail establishment or any other venue, please call.
Phone: 860-434-3321 x 202
Customer Service: 800-365-3958
Executive Offices and Distribution Center:
8 Vista Drive Old Lyme, Connecticut 06371 USA